1. Health
One of the most common causes of shoulder pain is rotator cuff tendonitis. Rotator cuff tedonitis is also commonly called shoulder tendonitis, or shoulder bursitis. All of these terms refer to the condition that causes inflammation around the rotator cuff tendons of the shoulder joint. Shoulder tendonitis can make simple shoulder movements painful and commonly causes shoulder pain while sleeping. Learn more about shoulder tendonitis and what treatments are available for this common problem....
Comments
October 14, 2008 at 10:53 pm
(1) Dylan says:

Thanks for the info =]…I myself am 13 and suffer from shoulder tendonitis,achilles tendonitis, and osgood schlatters disease. So I can tell you that tendonitis is not fun and keeps me on the bench during football season sometimes. I am a captain on the team nonethelss, but once more, thank you. =]

February 17, 2009 at 5:09 pm
(2) emma says:

I still dont get it…

February 17, 2009 at 5:09 pm
(3) emma says:

I still dont get it…

March 9, 2009 at 7:03 pm
(4) carli says:

should i stop or take a break from my sport for a while if i am eperiencing shoulder tendonitis?

February 28, 2010 at 9:23 pm
(5) Ethan says:

I am a highschool baseball pitcher and second baseman and have tendonitis in my shoulder. Is surgery required for this and would Tommy John Surgery help?

May 20, 2010 at 9:20 am
(6) Jason.S Peoria,Ill says:

I was diagnosed with tendonitis in my left shoulder along with a inflammed brusitis sack and a small rip in my cartilage in my shoulder. My orthopedic doctor told me steroid shots can help improve the muscle and overall pain in most cases but if it didn’t surgery was the last option. Most surgeries in this nature will usually have a reoccurence with in the next 10-15 years. I would try steroid injections unless your worse off then I am. my issues were car accident related not sports so talk it over with your orthopedic doctor.

November 22, 2010 at 12:28 pm
(7) Aspennn says:

Well im 16 and i suffer from shoulder tendonitis ; ive had it for almost 5 months? i think… since im in softball and cheerleading i messed it up more..i got to the trainer for excersises and it cracks alot…is that bad?

December 4, 2010 at 9:02 pm
(8) Mark says:

I have tendonitis in my both shoulders to the degree I couldn’t sleep at night. So I’ve bought myself Tower 200 Body
By Jake. Started very light exercises with the smallest band, and after about one week I’ve noticed that my pain is almost gone. In second month I added middle band exercises. Pain is still there, but almost nothing. All that was because light exercise, No Painkillers, No doctors, No cortisone shots and No surgery. I know that it can be done.

January 19, 2011 at 1:05 am
(9) manly man says:

so if im sleeping how am i gonna know if it hurts

February 18, 2011 at 12:43 pm
(10) andrea says:

is it a possibility that your arm can be cut off if it gets to bad?

March 1, 2011 at 1:39 pm
(11) Samsull says:

Would shoulder tendonitis be seen on an MRI scan?

July 15, 2011 at 7:32 pm
(12) dawn says:

yes a mri can detect shoulder tendonitis

August 3, 2011 at 8:59 pm
(13) Tendonitis Shoulder ORG says:

Shoulder Tendonitis can be a very painful thing to deal with. I know of people who had trouble sleeping and being at work. I should him some exercises to help him out. A good practice is to consistently use tendonitis specific stretches to help out. You can Google what types of stretches you should be doing. If you know the sport/ practice that his causing the pain you might have to stop it and see your doctor. Always try and stop what you are doing when feeling tendonitis symptoms. They need to rest to heal. Do as much research as possible to get proper knowledge to deal with tendonitis in the shoulder!

December 3, 2011 at 12:15 pm
(14) Caitlin says:

I’m not quite sure if I have shoulder tendinitis but I wanted to ask if my symptoms read to that. My left shoulder hurts all day but stops hurting when laying down. I notice that my left arm is harder to use after my shoulder started hurting. My family’s past diagnosis has heart attacks, Adhd, dystrophy, arthritis, and breast cancer. Should I go to my family doctor for this. The pain from 1-10 is about 3-4 depending on the day. I’ve had it since Nov. 22, 2011. I ice it and take pain pills so that I’m not hurting all day but when they wear off, I’m in more pain than before, and goes back to its constant ,its there but not as bad, after a nights sleep.
-Thanks
Caitlin

June 2, 2012 at 8:09 pm
(15) knee anatomy injuries says:

I believe that is among the so much significant info for me. And i’m happy studying your article. But want to statement on few basic issues, The site style is great, the articles is truly excellent : D. Excellent process, cheers

October 29, 2012 at 6:33 pm
(16) renita ferguson says:

Im 49 and started to get painfull shoulder and neck pain I do not do any sports so I cant make out why I am geeting it

February 15, 2013 at 11:38 am
(17) christine says:

Ive been suffering from tendonitis/bursitis for over 6 months. (ortho diagnosed ,but have not had mri) Very painful when sleeping. I wish I was more consistant with my exercises the ortho gave me. At this point I am not sure if iceing helps any. Is funny how some days I the pain subsides to the point I think I am cured! and other days it feels like my arm is going to fall off. I noticed the weather effects it greatly also. But that may be in part of my arthritis also. Taking ibuprofen if anything just masked things,.if I did too much,.the next day great pain. SO I think it may be better to feel what is going on in my shoulder.
I actually figured out the major cause besides being a housewife who does alot of cleaning,..the computer is the biggest culprit,.specially some of the games I love to play on there. SO I have started to limit my computer time because I have been abusing computer time greatly. For those who have no idea how it came about you might want to look at how much time you spend in front of the computer with your arm stretched out in front of you.

February 15, 2014 at 7:57 am
(18) craig says:

I have been suffering from left shoulder pain for well over 6 months. An MRI revealed tendonitis and structural breakdown due to age (48).

I’m active with golf and already had surgery on my left elbow for tendonitis and many corticosteroids shots in both elbows.

Very difficult sleeping now with the shoulder pain.

Is everything related and am I going to just have to accept my fate that I have poor genetic makeup and suffer through these issues?

April 5, 2014 at 12:25 am
(19) Helen says:

I suffered from tendonitis is both shoulders for years with pain when sleeping especially when waking. It lasted aong time because i had it when i babies and toddlers so couldnt rest properly. I resolved the problem almost straight away after 3 sessions of yoga. I have been pain free for years with only the occassinal flare up. Then regular yoga stetching sorts it out.