1. Health
Jonathan Cluett, M.D.

What is the recommended dose of glucosamine?

By February 28, 2006

Glucosamine is a commonly recommended supplement for arthritis and joint pain. Glucosamine is sold over the counter. The usual recommended dose is 1,500 mg each day. Patients can either take this at one time, or split it up two or three time a day. Patients may also find a benefit of doubling this dose for the first week of treatment, then continuing at 1,500 mg each day.

If you are looking for where to buy supplements, try the following:

Comments
March 27, 2009 at 8:55 am
(1) swapna mukherjee says:

glucosamine hcl of amway has given me tremendous relief in my stiff and sound making joint problem. i have been taking these capsules for 2 months and much better now.

September 15, 2009 at 1:44 am
(2) Kartik says:

I bought Animal Flex from Universal Nutrition, it cured my pain in left knee which was caused due to heavy weight lifting and also cured my lower back pain, Animal Flex contains Glucosamine and various other ingredients

September 23, 2009 at 10:55 am
(3) Andrew MLM Beginner says:

I want to do the Amway business.Can anyone help me?

July 21, 2010 at 4:29 am
(4) ling says:

may i know the prophylactic dosage of glucosamine?

February 27, 2011 at 4:01 am
(5) wendy says:

Can we take glucosamine for long term continue or should we take as a treatment, stop when no pain?

July 8, 2011 at 9:12 am
(6) Ron says:

Nothing to sell here, I wish i could say something without sounding like a commerical.
I had knee and hip pain that was not going away like it use to.
I took Glucosamine and I started feeling better after only a couple of days. It was better than any pain reliever I’ve taken.

June 7, 2012 at 6:12 pm
(7) irene says:

I have been taking Glucosamine for 15 yrs, I was told this would be helpful to my overall-health -body-joints… I have just realized that the first ganglion cyst appeared 6 months after I started the glucosamine.(I have read back in my diaries)
At this point I can barely walk due to cysts in my knees.
I cannot believe I was so stupid to continue this treatment and not see the correlation between the symptoms and glucosamine.
The cysts started in my wrists and fingers… now I will need assistance
to walk…PLEASE WARN OTHERS…
irene

March 7, 2013 at 8:55 pm
(8) Audun says:

I strongly recommend taking glucosamine either together with curcumin and vitamin d3, in combination with chondroitin sulphate and MSM or together with vitamin C and collagen. These types of combinations seem to give very good results for arthritis and joint pain, and I am getting allot of good feedback from my readers, who usually find at least one of the combinations working reasonably well for them.

Some of these products (Vioflex and trioflex) are available through caredirect.info and you can read more about natural joint reliefe here (the article is in Norwegian): http://www.healthiereurope.info/revmatisme_smerter_ledd_muskler.php