- I first tried decorating with colored electrical tape, but it doesn't stick that well. So I next tried fabric/cloth tape. I went to a sporting good store and bought the kind used for wrapping ankles & wrists before games. They had tons of colors, and even patterns. I'm guessing a craft store would carry it as well. It sticks well because it grabs on to the weave of the fiberglass. It comes in 1 1/2" width I believe but it tears super easy, in a straight line, making any width easy to achieve. The white gets dirty quickly, beware. It's so easy and cheap to do, I've changed mine almost every week. I also made a a couple thick lines of a light color on the cast for people to sign. I just peeled off the tape when it was full, & replaced it with a clean one. Then I stuck the signed tape on a board & hung it on my wall! Just beware, after a while, depending on how active you are, or how much your clothes rub on it, the edges will eventually start to peel up. Time for a new design!
- —Guest ranger
- so I fractured my foot yesterday and I got a white cast :( But its only a hardback cast if its not healedi get a full one I want purple! but on the one I have now il draw hello kitty and jack skellington :)
- —Guest Ambearrawrr
- i got a purple cast and i got white and yellow paint markers they worked better than sharpies. thats what i did for my leg a few years ago. i just broke my arm and im deciding what to do with it still
- —Guest allicat
- well all they had was white so i got spray paint and made half black and half orange then put my boy friends football number on a little shirt on it with hair
- —Guest panthercheer
- They ran out of orange so there was a green stripe at the top, that didnt look right. SSOOO i tried to paint it all orange, but that didnt work so i got some silver duck tape. NO not the originak regular tape SILVER! Some people say it looks like a space boot but theyre haters. Hhaha
- —Guest Jazzy Phat
cool sharpie colors
- i have a blue leg cast and i had people sign it with a silver sharipie it looks so cool
- —Guest brokendancer
- Mine was dark purple so I wasn't sure how many sharpies would work on it, but I grabbed a silver one and doodled my anime characters and some pop art all over it and added some duct-tape and drew with other colors of sharpie over that! it looks awesome!
- —Guest Animeartist
- I wanted the staff to give me red, white and blue as I have a cast near the 4th of July and when they used the blue it was too light ,so I used pernament marker to make the blue more like the flag color and it rubbed off on my white sheets. I am writing to the mfgr to inform them that their "pernament" marker failed. Checking out the duct tape thing next. I also added Sparkle stars for some bling!!!!!
- i got my cast so i let my friends sign it with a sharpy. now i can remember my BFFs will in PAIN!!!
- —Guest chrissypeace
It's alive !!!!!
- well it all started out with beads and markers,and now we have glued google eyes to it and gave it pink poofy hair! Now I always have someone to talk to. gives it it's own personality!!!!!!!
- —Guest lori
- i literaly made my arm cast into a cup holder! u just have to finish the half circle they put ur hand in with the bendy metal. IT TOTALY WORKS :D
- —Guest SPASS
have fun with it
- I put a ton of mosaic tiles and even painted a cool watercolor ( i take lessons ) and with hot glue got the watercolor paper to stay on one one part of my cast, it was fun!
- —Guest cre8tiv
- I just got a blue cast because that was the only color I could have, but I plan on stamping white snowflakes on it.
- —Guest mitz
- I went old school with my cast and got it signed and even duct taped it. I got my crutches signed too!!!!
- —Guest Reilly
- I just got my cast off (I broke my wrist) and I had PINK! people signed it in black but decorating it with duct tape is fun
- —Guest Cookie Monster