From the article: Ideas For Decorating Your Cast
Who said having a cast is no fun?!? People often come up with fun and creative ways to decorate their cast. Did you try something different to spruce up your dull cast? Share what you did so others can have fun with their cast. What Did You Try?
- I got my friend to do a big black floral design on the side of my leg cast (pink cast) and added glitter to the inside bits, it looks soo cool, hurts like heck though lol :p
- —Guest clumsy sausage roll
- i have broken many bones and I found many different ways to decorate my casts. one of favorites is just getting glitter glue and creating some cool design. right now I am in a leg cast and order this material called shrinkies it is so cool!! I recommend that!
- —Guest the cripple
- I broke my arm while flying at cheerleading practice. My bases dropped me. My arm and wrist were broken. I had my doctor use two colors to make the cast. It was pink and black striped. I took metalic sharpies and had my friends sign the black parts. Than I took black glitter and put it on the pink. My cast was waterproof too! It was really cool and my friend who had broken her leg was super jealous. P.S. use a hair dryer to dry your cast after you get it wet. It gets rid of the horrible smell.
- —Guest Clumsy Cheerleader
- You can put glitter on it ! I got a pink cast and I put silver glitter on it ! But be careful cause the glitter gets everywhere ! So yeah but after 12 hours I say your good . The glitter won't fall off anymore . :) good luck with your cast !
- —Guest Wrist pain :/
- I broke my arm so I got purple cast with sparkles and then with glow-in-the-dark paint I drew the night sky, stars, the moon everything it was really cool and it glowed up at night It was super cool now I have a yellow cast and I don't know what to do!
- —Guest Broken chic
- I got a red cast with black fabric under it. I bought a black zipper and stick on little rhinestones at a craft store. I tucked the bottom of zipper under bottom of cast and glued it onto the cast. Half way up to elbow I opened the zipper and glued the two sides down and tucked top part into top past of cast. I then filled the opening up with the stick on rhinestones. Got the idea when I thought how I would like to be able to just zip the darn thing off and give my arm and hand a breather. Everyone loved it.
- —Guest LindaBlueJeans
- i got all my mates to sign it on the front put a moustache on the right side and just did the xray thing that —Guest don't hurt yourself reader! put on at the bottom but with my left hand cuz yh and when i get really bored in lessons i just like doodle all over the other side, it may look really random to some peeps but its special to me and thats what really matters... ps. does anyone know if u get to keep ur casts???
- —Guest bored teenager
- I fractured my foot during a ballet rehearsal, literally about a half inch from my toe. For whatever reason my cast comes all the way up to my knee, but then again if you have to have the cast isn't it just more surface to decorate!? The cast is "Gulf Blue" (I love those Ford GTs) and for those of you who don't know what that means Gulf Blue is half way between sky blue and robin's egg blue. Anyways I'm having a couple artist friends do line drawings on it in black sharpie. One's going to do a hawk or an eagle or something and the other is going to do some swirls and floral around it. My advice, keep it simple so you can live with it, but don't be afraid to show your personality!
- —Guest BallerinaUSA
- I got hurt in dance and I'm a huge directioner so I put the new 1D Duckt Tape on there and It looks COOL!
- —Guest Directioner553
Duct tape and sparkles
- I broke my foot so I have a boot. I put zebra duct tape all over it and some gem stones. Tons of people thought it had come that way!
- —Guest Mac
- i got a black long armed cast yesterday and i let all my freinds sign and decorate my cast with a silver sharpie and it looks awesome!!!!!!!
- —Guest jazz
- I broke my forearm and I get my cast tomorrow. I plan on getting a neon orange one,put rainbow duct tape on it and have everyone sign in silver!
- —Guest Andie
Drawings make it better!!!
- Well I'm only 12 and have already broken my arm 3 times (lol clumsy me) And on my first cast it was pink and I had a black marker and made it like pink and black leopard print and the second time I had blue and I got a white marker and drew cloudes and have my friends to sign in the clouds with a blue marker and the one I have on now is purple and my dad has drawn a pic of the mockingjay (from hunger games) on it and my friends have signed it as well and it looks good
- —Guest Funny bunny
- i hot glued feathers and rinestones to mine. its made of fiber-glass so it wont go through!!
- —Guest Jess
Bones and Mustaches!
- I broke my wrist and got a black cast from just below my elbow to my fingertips and so I took a silver sharpie and drew in all the bones so it looks like an X-ray of a hand. I also drew a mustache on the side so that I could hold it to my face and have a huge handlebar mustache. Good Luck and heal fast!
- —Guest don't hurt yourself reader!
1-15 of 62Next